I had a great day today. Water intake and food consumption was on point, and I just had a positive feeling about training tonight. I was determined to hit a PR -- until I arrived at the gym and NO ONE was there. Bummed because 2 things:
1. If I max out on bench and get stapled (which has happened to me before) I could risk getting injured and that would be incredibly stupid of me to do.
2. I won't hit a PR like I hoped for.
BUT, that's ok! I told myself I would put in the hard work and bust my ass, and that is exactly what I did. Of course, there are other things I can focus and work on, other then just trying to get a PR in bench. 200, I'm still coming after you!
1) (lat activation) Very Light lat pulldowns 50 total reps (warm up)
2) Flat bench (focusing on form and bar CONTROL)
155 x 2 x 3
145 x 1 x 5
145 x 1 x 6
135 x 1 x 8
3) incline barbell bench with hanging 15 lb kettle bell 3 sets of 15-20 reps
4) pull-ups on monolift (5 sets of as many reps as possible)
5) low rows for 3 x 50
Alone or not, you should always give 100 percent.
Yessica Martinez on Facebook
Yessica Martinez on Instagram
She believed she could, so she did.,