You've heard me say it a thousand times - I hate squats but hey, who doesn't want a bigger butt and if you suck at something, you should do it more. I am determined to get better and better at it.
I got some good tips from my girls this past weekend and the one that stuck with me, that actually helped improve my 305 lb squat on Saturday, was from my Canadian bunny, Meana.
Besides telling me not to be a pussy, she advised me to throw my head back, creating a double chin, so that my spine is aligned and my back is forced to stay tighter. It really worked and improved my form, therefore, improved my confidence. I felt a lot faster descending from the squat, which watching the video, made me happier.
1. Worked up to 235 lbs x 5 x 3
2. Deloaded to 135 lbs - Pause squats 5 x 5
3. Incorporated the box and placed my feet wide to target the hammies 4 x 10
4. Weighted (sand bag) lunges 20 steps back and forth for 3 sets
5. Band good-mornings with the black eliteftsâ„˘ Pro Strong Resistance Band for 3 x 10